Maxie's Ultimate Beard Care Guide
A man's beard is his crowning glory. It's the ultimate expression of his masculinity. Though many guys want a full, show-stopping beard, it often eludes them. I'm Maxie, Creative Director of The Covenant Man Collection for men. I've been growing my beard for a while now, and know some of the struggles & triumphs that come with the territory. Here's my take on growing and caring for your beard:
To keep my beard in optimum condition, I use products from The Covenant Man Collection. The products in this collection are heavy hitters, with natural ingredients that condition my beard, promote growth, keep it strong & of course, soften & detangle it for easy comb through.
To keep my beard looking fresh, my daily regimen entails:
- Starting with a damp beard. The best time for me is post-shower.
- I massage a dime-sized amount of Brawn Beard Balm into my beard. I rub the product between my palms, then spread it through my beard. My beard thrives with the use of Brawn Beard Balm. It gives my beard what it needs without a long, drawn out process.
- Next, I use a barber's pick to comb my beard, making sure I get all parts, combing in all directions for evenness & fullness.
To keep your beard in tip top shape, here are my tips:
- Find a good barber to shape your beard exactly how you desire
- Keep a small spray bottle handy for moisturizing your beard. My spray bottle includes water and a teaspoon of Anointed. hair & body oil. This works really well when you're starting your beard regimen with a dry beard and don't have access to a shower
- Don't neglect the beard! The biggest mistake you can make is letting your beard do its own thing without maintaining it properly
- Keep your beard clean, using a sulfate-free shampoo, or have wet wipes for cleansing on the go
- Be patient! Great things take time. If you want your beard to be epic, practice deliberate care of it, keeping it nourished & conditioned. It won't happen overnight.
I hope this gets the ball rolling on helping you better understand how to care for your beard.
Here's to epic beards,