Each ACO candle is hand-poured with 100% pure soy wax, phthalate free fragrance, cotton and wooden wicks. To maximize the life of your candles and ensure an even burn, here are a few helpful tips:
- When you light your candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt until it reaches the edges of the jar. This establishes an even burn pattern for the life of the candle. If you miss this step, your candle may tunnel and burn incorrectly.
- Trim your wick after each burn. For wooden wicks, simply remove the black, burned portion of the wick before relighting. An untrimmed wick will result in the flame going out or a flame that burns too high. If your wick doesn't light, it's likely that the wick needs to be trimmed. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance or have questions about your wicks.
- Soy wax is naturally derived, which means that the wax may develop a bumpy appearance after your candle has burned. This is normal and is simply a sign that your wax is free of the harmful chemicals that typically provide a smooth surface in artificial waxes.
- Avoid "power burning" your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- You can reuse your candle jar after your candle is gone! To reuse your jar, fill the jar with hot water to allow any residual wax to detach. Wash your jar with soapy water, dry and remove your wick and sticker. You're ready to repurpose!