S.O.S - Save our Sanity!
Posted on April 10 2020
A stay at home order doesn't have to be an order to plead insanity.
Here at ACO, we started the Stay Home, Stay Sane campaign as a way to remind everyone that we're all in this together. We're also releasing a lot of great content that will help you to navigate this whole ordeal. So without further hesitation, let's go over the survival kit (rubs hands together in anticipation):
Our must-have ingredients for a stay at home order:
- A playlist of your favorite songs
- Quarantine Candle (you can buy it here!)
- Your favorite meal & a glass of wine or your drink of choice
- Your favorite book, a new read, or a TV series or movie
Undoubtedly, we're all feeling the effects of the COVID-19 crisis. Whether you're struggling with loss of work/income, having the kids at home for the next month, or simply needing to sit at a bar again; we understand. Here are some tips to help you to stay sane:
1. A positive mindset. It'll be really important to stay ahead of any trends to negativity. Keeping your immune system at its peak is crucial, and one way to do so is to stay healthy mentally. Play your favorite music, light a candle from our be collection, pray, meditate & keep your mind focused on productive tasks.
2. Set the atmosphere. With so much changing daily in the world, setting the atmosphere in your home & space is key. Create a peaceful, positive tone in your home, on your social media profiles (unfollow/unfriend/block as needed), and in your relationships. Tune out anything that creates feelings of anxiety, allowing yourself the freedom to ingest only what's necessary to stay informed without sacrificing your emotional health. We'll continue to bring positive vibes via our blog posts, Facebook & Instagram feeds. We'd love for you to tune in!
3. Stay home. We know it's been said a million times, but if you're able to stay home, please do. It's totally understood that some of us still have to work & make essential trips, but try to avoid any unnecessary exposure to large crowds. We want you safe.
4. Exercise. Staying active can do a serious number for your mental, physical & emotional health. Enjoy your favorite workouts & go out for a walk to keep your mood high & your blood flowing.
5. Stay connected. For many of us, the thought of being isolated to our homes is too much to bear. If you're an extrovert who craves connection with others, make a point to stay connected with friends & family. You can do so via FaceTime, the House Party app, Google Duo, Skype or any other video conferencing app. Phone calls still work, too :) Being at home doesn't have to mean being alone.
What have you been doing to make the most of the quarantine? Post your comments and tips below.
Stay healthy & well!